Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 53, August 11, Cabano NB to Grand Falls NB

We woke up early this morning. We didn’t need an alarm clock with noisy neighbors. Brett and Vanessa met a couple from Nova Scotia at the campsite last night. They offered to buy us breakfast at the campsite restaurant. Incredibly nice people.

Brett phoned the Ferry to Newfoundland today, with some interesting news. I’ll let you read his blog post for the details. At this point, we’re not sure what we’re going to do. I would swim with my bike on my back than quite in Nova Scotia (completely unreasonable, I know).

We rode 120k today, with great weather. It was cool and didn’t rain the entire day. We’ve been lucky the last couple rides, or we were just really unlucky earlier. I don’t know. The ride was pretty uneventful. We rode into Grand Falls with some light left, and stopped at a McDonald’s and a Superstore. I needed to by some eye drops. My eyes seem to be getting infected again.

We eventually found a campsite outside of the city. It looked as if a good storm was coming in, so we all put tarps on our tents. Allan was able to put his tent under a picnic table enclosure.

No comments: