Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 50, Rest Day in Quebec City

We woke up early this morning, and headed to the restaurant at the truck stop. I had my usual, 7 eggs (increased by 1 egg) and a coffee. We decided to drive across the river to the old part of the city to tour around.

Our first stop was Chateau Frontenac. It was an amazing building, not unlike the other Chateau’s across the country. At this point in the day, it was rainy steady. I bought an umbrella at a souvenir store, which served me well all day. We went to the National Assembly building of Quebec, Plains of Abraham, and other magnificent buildings and landmarks within walking distance.

We found a KOA to stay at across the river by the truck stop we stayed at the night before. It was a nice place to stay, although expensive for a campsite. I bought some bacon, and ate the entire package. I know I shouldn’t have, but it was wonderful. The weather report for tomorrow is 100% chance of rain-great.

No comments: