Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 11, June 30th, Cranbrook to Sparwood

We left the campsite later this morning so we could visit the bike shop in town. I finally got my back tire trued. We also picked up a bunch of extra tires because of how fast we’ve been going through them.

Before the visit to the bike shop, I stopped by the ESSO to grab a coffee. When I went to the till, the lady told me not to worry about it because the coffee was on her. I just thought this lady was just incredibly nice, until I went to the rest room in the bike shop. I had chain grease on my face and hadn’t shaved in 11 days. Add having to pay for a $2 coffee with a credit card because my license and debit card fell out of my wallet in Victoria when the leather ripped. I’m pretty sure she thought I was going through a rough time.

Today was around 35 degrees outside. We’ve been going through a heat wave for the last 4 days. The ride was easier with a bit of cloud cover and a headwind. There were limited hills we had to contend with, which was nice. We definitely need the break when we get to Lethbridge. By the time we hit Lethbridge, we will have been going straight for over 1200kms.

No comments: