Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 10, June 29, Creston to Cranbrook

I awoke today to find my back rim rubbing badly on my brake. Brett and I worked on it for a while and got it to the point that I could ride. My back brakes don’t work that well right now, but I’ll have them fixed while in Lethbridge. Today’s ride was the easiest so far in terms of hills. The terrain was mainly flat, and what hills we did have, we could do at 15k an hour. The sun on the other hand, was hot. I didn’t push myself too hard in the 117k we biked. The temperature was pushing 40 degrees again on the highway, with no wind, tree or cloud cover. Vanessa and I both stopped for water and a breather every 10k or so. We arrived in Cranbrook at 6:30pm, Mountain Time.

Vanessa’s not feeling too well, so we may take a rest day here tomorrow. We’re taking bets on what’s going to happen to me now. Brett’s continuing to stretch and ice his knee. He wont be riding with us until we ride into Lethbridge.

Today we saw the first sign that read Lethbridge in 300kms. It’s going to be nice to be back in the bridge, at least for a day.

2 comments:

'pres' said...

Way to go Kelly! looking forward to seeing SEA in Lethbridge.

'pres' Sheila

Anne said...

Kelly...I talked to Allan this morning and we are excited to see you all in Lethbridge. I hope Vanessa is feeling better. Soemtimes the sun takes a lot out of us...especially when you are all biking so hard. I hope Brett's leg gets better. There is a BBQ planned for noon July 3rd...so we are hoping you will be able to make it for that. I have asked Allan to be sure he is following you so let others on the road know there are cyclists ahead. Need anything let me know.

Safe and happy journeys!

Anne